The Tamed – Embroidering Evolution
Just wanted to jot down some musings on my latest embroidery project—a quirky exploration into the wild side of our favorite domestic buddies. Picture this: small 5×7 inch pieces, framed on a budget, showcasing the cozy companions we share our homes with and their untamed ancestors. Because, let’s be honest, there’s a bit of the wild in even the fluffiest of our pets.
- Cat – Tiger: Ever catch your cat giving you the look that says, “I’m a majestic beast in a domestic disguise”? That’s the vibe I’m going for with this piece. From the living room sofa to the dense jungles of the wild—our feline friends have some serious roots.
- Dog – Wolf: Tiny toy terrier, meet your wild and free ancestor—the wolf. There’s a bit of the call of the wild in every little bark, right?
- Cow – Aurochs: Who knew that the peaceful cows in our fields had ancestors like the mighty aurochs? It’s like comparing a cozy afternoon nap to an epic saga.
- Horse – Phenacodus: From our trusty companions in the stables to the ancient wonders of the prehistoric past. A nod to the roots of our equestrian friendships.
- Chicken – T-Rex: Yep, you read that right. The humble chicken has a distant cousin in the mighty T-Rex. Evolution is full of surprises, isn’t it?
- Fish – Shark: Swimming in a bowl or ruling the ocean—our aquarium friends have a shared ancestry with the kings of the deep. It’s all in the genes.
- Rabbit – Wild Hare: From fluffy laps to swift hops—our domestic bunnies share a lineage with their wild, free-spirited cousins.
- Parrot – Falcon: Turns out, our chatty parrot pals are distant relatives of the swift and fierce falcons. Who would’ve thought? Family reunions must be a riot.